Announced the general availability of the Office 365 Centralized Deployment service. Centralized Deployment enables you as the Office 365 admin, to deploy Office web add-ins to individual users, groups or the organization from the Office 365 Admin Center or using PowerShell scripts. Once deployed, Office users can automatically see the add-in installed and ready to use in Office applications such as Word, Excel or PowerPoint on Windows, Mac or Office Online.
What you need to know
- Support for Windows, Mac and Office Online – for Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Add-Ins are automatically deployed on client boot
- If the Add-In supports Add-In Commands, its buttons will appear automatically on the ribbon.
- Use Office Admin Center or PowerShell
- Use either Office 365 Admin Center or PowerShell to deploy, assign and modify Add-Ins
- Acquire add-ins from Store or Directly via manifest
- Acquire and assign from the Office Store if the manifest is same across users
- Upload via add-in manifest when for example a custom add-in is developed internally for your organizations use by a system integrator or other software vendors
How customers are leveraging Centralized Deployment
Several global customers are already using Centralized Deployment today. See how Genetec Inc., an Office 365 customer, is using this service to solve their organizations needs with the Qorus Office 365 add-ins for RFP’s.
“With Office 365 Centralized Deployment we could deploy Qorus easily to our global user base and the process is transparent to users – when they open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint they find the add-in already installed.” – Eric Jacobs, Genetec Inc.
Get started with Centralized Deployment!
- IT admins can review requirements documentation or run a script to determine if the organization has the correct configuration to use Centralized Deployment
- Individuals in the organization can use the deployment compatibility checker add-in to verify supported versions of Office and Exchange.