Azure Relay Hybrid Connections reached generally availability. The Hybrid Connections feature of Azure Relay sheds this dependency by utilizing open standards based protocols.
Hybrid Connections contains a lot of the same functionality as WCF Relay including:
- Secure connectivity of on-premises assets and the cloud
- Firewall friendliness as it utilizes common outbound ports
- Network management friendliness that won’t require a major reconfiguration of your network
The differences between the two are even better!
- Open standards based protocol and not proprietary! WebSockets vs. WCF
- Hybrid Connections is cross platform, using Windows, Linux or any platform that supports WebSockets