Azure Site Recovery can work with apps. Azure Site Recovery offers the following safeguards and services:
- Automated protection and replication of virtual machines
- Remote health monitoring
- Customizable recovery plans
- No-impact recovery plan testing
- Orchestrated recovery when needed
- Replication to—and recovery in—Azure
This video gives you an intro to Azure Site Recovery and how it can help an enterprise organization.
Microsoft wants you to know that Azure Site Recovery can also recover your enterprise applications too. Here is a list to give you an idea of what constitutes an enterprise application for Azure Site Recovery:
- A typical enterprise application comprises of multiple virtual machines spanning different application tiers.
- These different application tiers mandate write-order fidelity for data correctness.
- The application may also require its virtual machines to boot up in a particular sequence for proper functioning.
- A single tier will likely have two or more virtual machines for redundancy and load balancing.
- The application may have different IP address requirements, either use DHCP or require static IP addresses.
- Few virtual machines may require a public IP address or DNS routing for end user internet access.
- Few virtual machines may need specific ports to be open or have security certificate bindings.
- The application may rely on user authentication via an identity service like Active Directory.