Azure Stack Technical Preview 3 refreshed with Azure PaaS services. Microsoft announce preview releases of Azure PaaS services for Azure Stack and a refresh to Azure Stack TP3.
This update continues delivering Azure Services on premises so customers can create innovative applications for the hybrid cloud.
This release includes:
- Azure App Service (Web apps, API apps, and Mobile apps)
- Azure Functions
- Updated versions of SQL/MySQL database services
New to App Service:
- Azure Functions preview for AAD based deployments
- Deployment in disconnected environments
- Deployment on ADFS authenticated Azure Stack
- Installation and deployment improvements
- Azure Resource Manager (ARM) API version 2016-03-01 support for App Services
- Synchronization of SKUs with Azure – i.e. Free (F1), Shared (D1), and Standard (S1, S2, S3)
- Service reliability improvements
Azure Stack TP3 refresh: Based on feedback and several ongoing improvements/bug fixes, we’ve also updated the Azure Stack TP3 software for a better deployment and operational experience. A list of the latest features and improvements to Azure Stack TP3 is now available.