Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch Update 1802.
Improvements in OSD
- Improvements to Windows 10 in-place upgrade task sequence – The default task sequence template for Windows 10 in-place upgrade now includes additional groups with recommended actions to add before and after the upgrade process.
- Improvements to PXE-enabled distribution points – You can now configure a PXE-enabled distribution point to use a PXE responder service that supports IPv6 and does not require Windows Deployment Services (WDS).
- Deployment Template for Task Sequences – Using the Deployment wizard for Task Sequence you can now create a Deployment Template which can be saved and applied to an existing or new Task Sequence to create a TS deployment.
Improvements in Cloud Management Gateway
- Cloud management gateway support for Azure Resource Manager – When you deploy CMG with Azure Resource Manager, Azure AD is used to authenticate and create the cloud resources and does not require the classic Azure management certificate.
- Install user-available applications on Azure AD-joined devices – You can now browse and install user-available applications from Software Center on Azure AD-joined devices.
- Windows 10 in-place upgrade task sequence over the Internet – A Windows 10 in-place upgrade task sequence now works for clients via the Cloud Management Gateway and Cloud Distribution Point.
Features for Windows 10 and Office 365
- Support for Windows 10 ARM64 devices – Starting in this release the Configuration Manager client is supported on Windows 10 ARM64 devices.
- Endpoint Protection workload transition in co-management – You can now transition the Endpoint Protection workload from Configuration Manager to Intune when co-management is enabled.
- Windows 10 Servicing for a specific collection report – This report displays general information about the Windows 10 servicing in the organization.
- Windows AutoPilot Device Information report – Now you can use this new report to collect device information that’s needed to create Windows AutoPilot deployment profile.
- Microsoft Edge browser policies – You can now set Microsoft Edge browser policies and control it in your enterprise.
- Report to show default browser for client machines – You can now run a report that shows the default browser for client machines.
- Improvements to Configuration Manager policies for Windows Device Exploit Guard – Additional policy settings for the Attack Surface Reduction and Controlled folder access components have been added for Windows Device Exploit Guard in Configuration Manager.
Improvements in Software Center
- Approve application requests for users per device – User-based application requests are now approved only for the device from where the user submitted the request
- Hide Installed Applications in Software Center – When this option is enabled under Software Center customization, installed applications will be hidden in the Applications tab. https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/forums/300492-ideas/suggestions/13002684-software-center-show-only-available-software-hid
Site Server High Availability
- Site Server Role High Availability – You can now add a primary site server in ‘passive mode’ to your standalone site to increase availability.
- Remote site server content library – You can now move the content library on your site server to a remote location.
- Phased Deployments – Phased deployments automate a coordinated, sequenced rollout of software without creating multiple deployments.
- Configure Windows 10 Delivery Optimization to use Configuration Manager boundary groups – Configure Delivery Optimization to leverage your boundary groups when sharing content among peers.
- Add management points to your boundary group fallback relationships – When a fallback relationship is defined, and a client fails to talk to the management point in current boundary group, it will fall back to the management point defined in the fallback boundary group.
- Product Lifecycle Dashboard – The dashboard shows the state of the Microsoft Product Lifecycle policy for Microsoft products installed on devices managed with Configuration Manager.
- Run scripts – Create and run signed or unsigned scripts and with structured JSON formatted output
- Management insights – Management insights has a new look and feel in the 1802 Technical Preview, try it out!