Download Mozilla Firefox 56.0 x64 MSI for Configuration Manager deployments.
- No desktop shortcut;
- English localization;
- No Updater (no mozilla maintance service);
- Upgradable in future. (past release)
- Launched Firefox Screenshots, a feature that lets users take, save, and share screenshots without leaving the browser
- Added support for address form autofill (en-US only)
- Updated Preferences
- Added search tool so users can find a specific setting quickly
- Reorganized preferences so users can more easily scan settings
- Rewrote descriptions so users can better understand choices and how they affect browsing
- Revised data collection choices so they align with updated Privacy Notice and data collection strategy
- Media opened in a background tab will not play until the tab is selected
- Improved Send Tabs feature of Sync for iOS and Android, and Send Tabs can be discovered even by users without a Firefox Account
- Replaced character encoding converters with a new Encoding Standard-compliant implementation written in Rust
- Added hardware acceleration for AES-GCM
- Updated the Safe Browsing protocol to version 4
- Reduced update download file size by approximately 20 percent
- Improved security for verifying update downloads
- Added Layout Panel to CSS Grid DevTools
- Startup crash with RelevantKnowledge adware installed. Firefox Support has helpful instructions to remove it.
- Users running Firefox for Windows over a Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) may find that audio playback is disabled due to increased security restrictions.
- Startup crashes with 64-bit Firefox on Windows 7, for users of Lenovo’s “OneKey Theater” software for IdeaPad laptops. To fix this crash, please re-install 32-bit Firefox.
- Due to a bug in Mac OS X High Sierra, fullscreen mode has some issues