Download Mozilla Firefox 59.0 x64 MSI for Configuration Manager deployments.
- No desktop shortcut;
- English localization;
- No Updater (no mozilla maintance service);
- Upgradable in future. (past release)
- Performance enhancements:
– Faster load times for content on the Firefox Home page
– Faster page load times by loading either from the networked cache or the cache on the user’s hard drive (Race Cache With Network)
– Improved graphics rendering using Off-Main-Thread Painting (OMTP) for Mac users (OMTP for Windows was released in Firefox 58)
- Drag-and-drop to rearrange Top Sites on the Firefox Home page, and customize new windows and tabs in other ways
- Added features for Firefox Screenshots:
– Basic annotation lets the user draw on and highlight saved screenshots
– Recropping to change the viewable area of saved screenshots
- Enhanced WebExtensions API including better support for decentralized protocols and the ability to dynamically register content scripts
- Improved Real-Time Communications (RTC) capabilities.
– Implemented RTP Transceiver to give pages more fine grained control over calls
– Implemented features to support large scale conferences
- Added support for W3C specs for pointer events and improved platform integration with added device support for mouse, pen, and touch screen pointer input
- Added the Ecosia search engine as an option for German Firefox
- Added the Qwant search engine as an option for French Firefox
- Added settings in about:preferences to stop websites from asking to send notifications or access your device’s camera, microphone, and location, while still allowing trusted websites to use these features
- Various security fixes
- Firefox Private Browsing Mode will remove path information from referrers to prevent cross-site tracking
- Windows 7 users using accessibility services (like the Windows On-Screen Keyboard) may observe browser crashes after the update to Firefox 59. As a workaround, affected users can prevent external apps from triggering accessibility services in Firefox.