Grammarly launches extension for Microsoft Edge. Grammar checker Grammarly is now available as an Edge extension on the Windows Store. Grammarly will underline spelling mistakes and grammatical errors and suggest you corrections.
The official extension description:
Grammarly will make sure your messages, documents, and social media posts are clear, mistake-free, and impactful. Adding Grammarly to Microsoft Edge means that your spelling and grammar will be vetted on Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Tumblr, and nearly everywhere else you write on the web. Once you register your new account, you will start to receive weekly emails with personalized insights and performance stats (one of our most popular new features). Working on a large project, an essay, or a blog post? No sweat. You can create and store all of your documents in your new online editor.
- Contextual spelling checker Grammarly detects correctly spelled words used in the wrong context. You can stop worrying about misusing homophones like lose/loose, affect/effect, lie/lay, there/their/they’re, and many other commonly confused words.
- Grammar checker Grammarly can fix hundreds of complex grammatical errors, including subject-verb agreement, article use, and modifier placement, to name just a few.
- Trusted by millions of users Grammarly is trusted by students, writers, business professionals, bloggers, and plenty of people who just want to write better. Grammarly adapts to your needs and writing style, giving you the confidence of mistake-free communication every time you write.
- Grammarly in the news Forbes: “Grammarly quickly and easily makes your writing better and makes you sound like a pro, or at least helps you avoid looking like a fool.” Harvard Business Review: “…good grammar is instrumental in conveying ideas with clarity, professionalism, and precision…Good grammar is simply good business.” ABC News: “Poor grammar is just as offensive as gross pick-up lines.”
If you want to supercharge your writing performance and leave no error unchecked, Grammarly Premium is your answer. Here’s what you can do with Premium:
- Check for over a hundred additional types of errors
- Enable or disable checking on domains (websites) of your choice
- Get vocabulary enhancement suggestions
- Detect plagiarism and get citation suggestions
- Get suggestions for different writing styles, including academic, technical, and creative