In this guide, we Deploying Microsoft Teams Client with SCCM. Not perfect – but work well. Tested with SCCM 1610 and SCCM 1702 installation (not Hybrid).
1. Create folder at your SCCM Distribution Point for Microsoft Teams Client setup files. (in my case D:\Install\Microsoft Teams\1.0.00.7405);
Teams_windows_x64 /s timeout 60
NOTE: if you have very fast PC’s in your network – increase timeout;
NOTE: this is *.bat file from beginning.
12. At Uninstall program enter:
"%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Teams\Update.exe" --uninstall -s
NOTE: Microsoft Teams installing to user folder “C:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Teams\”.
13. Click Next;
14. For Detection method click Add Clause;
16. At Hive choose:
17. At Key enter;
18. At Value enter:
19. Set check mark at This registry key is associated with 32-bit application on 64-bit systems
20. At Data Type choose:
String or Version
NOTE: you may click OK and set detection method to installed or not installed. Or set second options and enter at Value your version.
21. Click OK;
Install for user
24. At Installation program visibility choose:
25. Set Estimated installation time (minutes) and click Next;
27. For Dependencies, config as you need, click Next;
28. For Summary, click Next;
Install Microsoft Teams Client from Software Center:
1. Go to client and open Software Center;
2. Select app and click Install;
NOTE: App installation time increase by the time from timeout in *.bat file
P. S. Deployed for the company: