Guide Deploying Configuration Manager Client Using Group Policy. If you are planning to deploy SCCM clients using GPO then you must make sure that in the client push installation properties, Enable Automatic site wide client push installation is not checked. If this is checked then the client would get installed on all the systems after its discovery. So first uncheck the option Enable Automatic site wide client push installation and proceed.
1. Open Group Policy Management console. Choose OU, for which new GPO will be created (or you may link it later);
6. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates. Right Mouse Button click and click Add/Remove Templates;
NOTE: The Configuration Manager templates can be found in SourceDVD\SMSSETUP\TOOLS\ConfigMgrADMTemplates or you can also add it from <Drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\tools\ConfigMgrADMTemplates.
8. Select templates and click Open;
11. Right Mouse Button click at Configure Configuration Manager Site Assignment template and click Edit;
12. Select Enabled to enable the policy, under Options specify Assigned Site code, Site Assignment Retry Interval to 5 minutes, Site Assignment Retry Duration to 1 hour (You can also choose to leave the options to default except site code). Click OK;
14. Select Enabled. Under options specify the installation properties for CCMSetup file. I have used following installation command SMSSITECODE=L01 FSP=SCCM.enterinit.com MP=SCCM.enterinit.com. Click OK;
NOTE: The ccmsetup.msi can be found in SOURCEDVD\SMSSETUP\BIN\I386 or <Drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\cd.latest\SMSSETUP\BIN\I386. Copy the ccmsetup.msi in a folder (Create a new folder on SCCM Server) and share it with permissions Read-only for Everyone OR copy it to your SYSVOL folder. I create new folder in Scripts – SCCM Client and copy msi to it.