Guide Install Windows Server 2016 DHCP Role with GUI and PowerShell.
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is a client/server protocol that automatically provides an Internet Protocol (IP) host with its IP address and other related configuration information such as the subnet mask and default gateway. RFCs 2131 and 2132 define DHCP as an Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) standard based on Bootstrap Protocol (BOOTP), a protocol with which DHCP shares many implementation details. DHCP allows hosts to obtain required TCP/IP configuration information from a DHCP server.
1. Start your system, when Server Manager opens click Add roles and features;
11. When complete, click Close;
- Run PowerShell as administrator;
2. Install DHCP Role;
3. Install DHCP console;
4. For DHCP authorization enter;
6. Get all commands for DHCP in PowerShell;
Get-Command -Module dhcpserver