Has-Been Heroes is now available on Xbox One. For those of you who haven’t heard of Has-Been Heroes, it’s a roguelike game of strategy and action that puts you into the shoes of a bunch old-timers, the remnants of a band of legendary champions, past their prime, and essentially retired. These old geezers are tasked with one final quest by their King: to take his princess daughters… to school!
The official game description:
Embark on an epic journey with the Has-Been Heroes, a group of legendary champions once celebrated throughout the kingdom – almost forgotten until the King has one more quest, the most epic of them all:TO TAKE THE TWIN PRINCESSES TO SCHOOL!Key features:
- Meet the epic band of heroes as the young and eager Rogue, joining the company of the wise monk Metacles, the giant-wrestling warrior Crux… wait until you meet the others, incl. the Anthropologist turned Mexican Wrestler, the ever-vigilant and paranoid Sheikh, and many more!
- Unlock and collect hundreds of game-changing items and spells, boosting the heroes’ powers and making each run unique!
- Combine spells for devastating effects, learning the power of magic as you gain more elements.
- Face countless monsters, each bigger and more menacing than the next. Can you wipe out the army of evil led by the Great Ghoul?
- In roguelike fashion, die and try again – choose your heroes wisely and prepare for battle!
On each playthrough, all the items, spells, enemies, regions and map layout are randomized, which keeps the game fresh and different each time you play. You’ll need to adapt your strategy based on what spells and items you come across, and which characters you give them to. In total, there are 300+ spells, 200+ items, 200+ enemies, 13 different regions and lots of unlockable characters for you to discover!