How To Change logging options for SMSTS.log in Configuration Manager. In this post we Change logging options for SMSTS.log.
To inject the SMSTS.ini file into the Boot Images:
- Using Notepad, create an ini file with the desired parameters. For example:
When saving the file in Notepad, make to save it with an extension of .ini and not .txt.
- Copy the SMSTS.ini file created in Step 1 into the appropriate directories on the ConfigMgr site server where the Boot Images are located. The file has to be copied to two separate directories – one for x86 Boot Image and one for x64 Boot Images.The directories to copy the file to are:
- In the ConfigMgr console, navigate to:
Software Library –> Operating Systems –> Boot Images
- Right click on the desired Boot Image to be updated with the ini file and choose Update Distribution Points.
- In the Summary page of the Update Distribution Points Wizard window, click on the Next > button and allow the Boot Image to be rebuilt.
- Once the Boot Image is finished rebuilding, in the Completionpage of the Update Distribution Points Wizard window, click on the Close
- Repeat Steps 4-6 for each Boot Image in the environment.
Once the Distribution Points have finished updating for each Boot Image, each Boot Image should have the updated log settings for the SMSTS.log.