KB4036267 for System Center Configuration Manager version 1706 Update 2. This update does not apply to sites that downloaded version 1706 from August 8, 2017 or later. Therefore, it will not be listed in the Administrator Console for those sites.
UPDATE 09/04/2017 If you can’t update your console. Update console in 2 steps:
- firstly from 5.00.8540.1300 to 5.00.8540.1601 (really to 5.00.8540.1600), than, when you prompt to upgrade to 5.00.8540.1601, click Cancel.
- After console start, close and run it again, but this time agree to 5.00.8540.1601 update.
Issues that are fixed
- After the option to choose a mass storage driver in the properties of an Apply Driver Package task sequence step is selected, an unhandled exception may occur. In this case, you receive an error resembling the following:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
- Multiple shortcut menu options, such as “Size Column to Fit” and “Sort By” are not localized in the Configuration Manager console.
- After you upgrade to Configuration Manager version 1706, first wave, the \inboxes\bgb.box\bad folder may start to accumulate .bgb files that are over 50MB in file size. These files can be deleted. After you install this update, future .bgb files will be smaller.
- If a client computer changes from an Internet to intranet location while content is downloading from a cloud-based distribution point, the download fails. For a client upgrade package, the content transfer manager job will continue to retry and cannot download the required files.
- During a site upgrade, content replication between sites may slow down and generate a backlog. Review of SQL activity indicates the SMS Policy Provider is blocking other threads. Additionally, messages that resemble the following are recorded in the policypv.log file on the site server:
*** exec spProcessCrpNotifications
*** [HYT00][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Query timeout expired
Failed to execute SQL cmd exec spProcessCrpNotifications
- The Software Updates Dashboard node of the Configuration Manager console may seem to hang while loading, and take over one minute to fully load.
- Pull Distribution Points may take longer than expected to upgrade because of a deadlock condition that occurs when you update content distribution status tables.
- The Software Center does not open on Windows 7 computers. Errors messages that resemble the following are recorded in the SCClient.log file:
Unhandled exception was caught.
(Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.SingleInstanceApplication at OnGetException)
Exception System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Could not load file or assembly ‘SCClient.Common
- Clients that have not reported compliance status are not presented with the Azure Active Directory (AAD) authentication prompt for conditional access.
- Cumulate Updates for Windows Server 2016 now have a default maximum run time of 60 minutes.
- You receive the following error message in the Configuration Manager Service Manager console when you try to query or restart components local to the site server:
Error communication with component.
- Custom property pages do not load in the Create Package, Create Package from Definition, and Create Task Sequence wizards in the Configuration Manager console.
- After you upgrade to Configuration Manager version 1706, first wave, creating Prestaged Media for an operating system deployment can result in the deletion of local user directories (under both \Users and \ProgramData). The deletion occurs on the system where the media is being created.
- Boot images do not update if the Windows ADK version 1703 is used together with Configuration Manager version 1706, first wave.
Hotfixes that are included
- 4038659 Existing computer records are not updated when new information is imported in System Center Configuration Manager version 1702
- 4039380 Update for System Center Configuration Manager version 1706, first wave
To verify which first wave build is used, look for a Package GUID by adding the Package GUID column to the details pane of the Updates and Servicing node in the console. This update applies to first wave installations of version 1706 from packages that have the following GUIDs:
This update does not apply to first wave installations of version 1706 from packages that have the following GUIDs:
For more information about the update of version 1706, first wave that contains this GUID, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
4039380 Update for System Center Configuration Manager version 1706, first wave
To be updated in a future update.
To be updated in a future update.