Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) B2B collaboration reach general availability. Azure AD B2B collaboration allows you to work closely with partners in other organizations everywhere. The Azure AD B2B APIs allows developers to write applications that bring organizations together securely. During the public preview, Azure AD customers have invited 2.6M guest users using these new capabilities.
- For administrators: get user interface enhancements in the Azure portal. For example, administrators can invite B2B users to the directory, or to any group or application.
- For information workers: get B2B collaboration self-service invitation capabilities in the access panel. Information workers can invite B2B collaboration users to any self-service group or application that they manage.
- Allow invited users to have any email address. Whether it’s an Office 365 or on-premises Microsoft Exchange address, an outlook.com address, or any social address (Gmail, Yahoo!, and so on), users can access the invited organization with the creation of an Azure AD or Microsoft account.
- Create professional, tenant-branded invitation email.
- Customize user orientation by using the invitation APIs.
- Set up multi-factor authentication for B2B collaboration users in the inviting organization.
- Delegate invitations to non-administrators.
- Provide PowerShell support for B2B collaboration.
- Provide auditing and reporting capabilities.
Learn more about this announcement here.