Microsoft releases new update to Office Online Server. Early Microsoft announced the release of Office Online Server (OOS), the successor to Office Web Apps Server 2013. Office Online Server allows organizations to deliver web versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote to their users from their own dataceter. Office Online Server will offer the same functionality Microsoft offers to general consumers with Office Online.
The new update includes the following improvements:
- Performance improvements to co-authoring in PowerPoint Online.
- Equation viewing in Word Online.
- New navigation pane in Word Online.
- Improved undo/redo in Word Online.
- Enhanced W3C accessibility support for users who rely on assistive technologies.
- Accessibility checkers for all applications to ensure that all Office documents can be read and authored by people with different abilities.
You can download this release from the Volume License Servicing Center. From now on, Microsoft will release an update every four months to deliver more value to the users.