Microsoft Teams – What’s new in December 2018.
Communicate more effectively
People across your organization communicate in different ways depending on their work style, role, and preferences. Microsoft teams is bringing new voice features to help you address your company needs:
- Can’t answer the phone right now?
- Group Call Pickup allows you to create a custom group with colleagues that can answer your calls.
- Shared line Appearance enables you to choose a delegate to answer call on your behalf.
- Want to connect a caller with someone who is hard to contact?
- Call Park simplifies the process of connecting callers with users that are not easily reachable by using unique codes to aid targeted users to retrieve calls using a Microsoft Teams client.
- Need to restrict call routing based on location?
- Location-Based Routing helps you stay compliant with local regulation with by allowing you to restrict the routing of calls between VoIP endpoints and PSTN endpoints based on the location.
Work with confidence: new features for IT admin
Fostering effective collaboration among your users requires that your admin team have the capabilities they need. From improved visibility and control of all teams across your organization to streamlining key parts of the Teams lifecycle, we are bringing new manageability and automation capabilities to help you better support teamwork across your organization:
- Manage your teams directly from the Admin Center: A list of all teams in your organization is now available to all customers directly in the Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business Admin Center. Simply click on “Teams” in the left navigation and select “Manage Teams” to see this list. From here, you can manage membership, add or remove channels, and change settings. Additionally, you can quickly create a new team, customize it, and add members allowing you to better support your users.
- New Teams Administrator Roles: Are you responsible for administering Teams in your organization? New Azure Active Directory roles are now available to all customers. Users can be assigned the Teams admin roles via the Azure Admin Portal. Simply find the appropriate user profile in the Azure Active Directory and click on “Directory Role” from the left navigation. Next, click “Add Role” and select the Teams admin role you want to assign from the available options.
- Automate the Teams Lifecycle with new Graph APIs: Save time while providing users a workspace tailored to their needs by streamlining the process of creating and customizing teams with new Graph API’s.
Customize your team with 3rd party integrations
We are constantly adding new and improved apps to our Teams experience and plan on highlighting a few of our apps that have been making major waves to further enable collaboration.
Disco (formerly known as Growbot) helps you build stronger cultures, celebrate employee achievements and reinforce their core values.
Q is an AI assistant that provides you critical information based on what you are working on. It sorts through millions of articles and sources to pull in only the most relevant ones.
Trello empowers you to stay on top of your project tasks with the Trello Personal app in Microsoft Teams. This app gives users access to assigned cards across all their Trello boards for different teams where they are contributing.
The Site24x7’s updated app for Microsoft Teams provides your DevOps teams with tools and services to help you avoid downtime, including a Site24x7 bot that provides real-time data and the ability to add custom all-in-one dashboards to a Teams channel.
LucidChart for Microsoft Teams helps you bring your team together to work on documents such as flowcharts or network diagrams.
Decisions for Microsoft Teams empowers groups that meet regularly to have better meetings with key functionality such as viewing a list of upcoming meetings, reviewing recent meeting notes, and accessing past meeting outcomes.