Minecraft: Better Together Update rolling out as Beta on Android and Windows 10. The update lets Minecraft players enjoy the game with friends across devices. To get started with the beta on Xbox One and Windows 10, you will need to own a digital version of the game. Disc based versions do not currently support the beta. Search for the Xbox Insider Hub app in the Windows Store, install it, launch it, and then navigate to Insider content, and press on Minecraft Beta, and join. The process is a bit more complicated for Android, and details on how to access the beta can be found here.
The Better Together Update is set to unify console, mobile, and Windows 10 versions of the game together as one Minecraft Edition. The update also will bring several new features, such as fireworks, parrots, armor stands, the recipe book, new game rules. and Coarse Dirt.
A few of the other new features:
- New world start options: Starting Map, Bonus Chest, Trust Players
- New game rules: TNT Explodes, Natural Regeneration
- Added ‘/tickingarea’ command to create areas that still update when no players are there
- Player permissions
- Zombie Villager spawn egg
- In-game host options
- New loading screens with funny and helpful tips
- How to Play screen
- Remix 3D and structure blocks