Minecraft Update Aquatic Phase Two is now available. According to the Minecraft team, the update includes over 3,000 different types of tropical fish, as well as improvements to gameplay mechanics.
The official update description:
- A new weapon called the Trident, which includes four special enchantments – Loyalty, Impaling, Channeling and Riptide
- Procedurally generated tropical fish
- Variations of size for some adult mobs (salmon & squid)
- Nine ocean biomes
- New water physics and the ability for some blocks and water to exist within the same place (water-logged blocks)
- Realms are now available on Nintendo Switch
- The Drowned – These dangerous, underwater zombies lurk in dark, deep water and will come up to the shore at night
- Sea Turtles – These gentle creatures can be found swimming in oceans and tanning on beaches. Protect their eggs so more can hatch!
- Turtle Shell and Scute items
- Potion of the Turtle Master
- Nautilus Shells – Can be found while fishing or held by the Drowned
- Conduits can now be constructed underwater and give players the Conduit Power effect. Craft them with Nautilus Shells & Heart of the Sea
- Bubble Columns – Magma Blocks create downward flowing columns and Soul Sand creates upward flowing bubbles
- New Achievements!
- Added new commands that only affect worlds with Education Edition enabled: 1. /ability – Sets a player’s ability 2. /immutableworld – Sets the immutable state of the world 3. /worldbuilder – Toggle World Builder status of caller