New Remote Desktop web client now generally available for Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 Preview. With a few simple PowerShell cmdlets, the client can be added to an existing Remote Desktop Services deployment, side by side with the RDWeb role.
This first release of the web client contains a core set of features to get you started in providing a simple, no-install, consistent cross-platform solution to end users who don’t need some of the more advanced features from a native client.
The following features are currently available:
- Access desktops and apps published through a feed
- Single sign-on
- Print to PDF file
- Audio out
- Full screen and dynamic resolution
- Copy/paste text using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V
- Keyboard and mouse input support
- Localized in 18 languages
The web client is supported on Edge, IE11+, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browsers for desktop platforms like Windows, macOS, Chromebook, and Linux.