New sample model for Azure Analysis Services.
Create an Analysis Services server in Azure
1. Go to http://portal.azure.com.
2. In the Menu blade, click New.
3. Expand Data + Analytics, and then click Analysis Services.
- Server name: Type a unique name.
- Subscription: Select your subscription.
- Resource group: Select Create new, and then type a name for your new resource group.
- Location: This is the Azure datacenter location that hosts the server. Choose a location nearest you.
- Pricing tier: For our simple model, select D1. This is the smallest tier and great for getting started. The larger tiers are differentiated by how much cache and query processing units they have. Cache indicates how much data can be loaded into the cache after it has been compressed. Query processing units, or QPUs, are a sign of how many queries can be supported concurrently. Higher QPUs may mean better performance and allow for a higher concurrency of users.
Now that you’ve created a server, you can add the sample to it.
Adding the sample model to your server
1. On the overview blade of your server, click + New Model on the top left.
Then you can start visualizing the data.