New SharePoint admin center Preview available. To access it, go to the current SharePoint admin center and click Try the preview in the upper right.
Note: Some functionality is introduced gradually to organizations that have opted in to the Targeted Release program. This means that you may not yet see this feature or it may look different than what is described in the help articles.
Schedule for releasing the new SharePoint admin center
The new SharePoint admin center (preview) is now available worldwide to customers who have selected the standard release option. The classic SharePoint admin center will continue to be the default for several months. You’ll need to switch back to it to perform some tasks. You’ll be able to continue using the classic SharePoint admin center for several months before we begin retiring it.
To switch back to the classic SharePoint admin center:
- In the lower left of the new SharePoint admin center, click Go to the classic SharePoint admin center.
Important: If a setting exists in both the new and classic SharePoint admin centers, and possibly other admin centers such as the OneDrive and Office 365 admin centers, when you change it in one place, the other admin centers will reflect the change. If you have multiple admins in your organization, make sure you communicate the changes you’re making.
Help us improve the new SharePoint admin center! Tell us what you like or don’t like, send a suggestion, or file a bug. To send us feedback, click Feedback in the lower-right corner.
On the Home page, you can see at a glance:
- The number of files that have specific types of activity each day for the past 30 days. (If an activity occurs multiple times in one day on the same file, the file is counted only once for that day.)
- The number of total and active sites each day for the past 30 days. (“Active” sites are any where users view a page or view, modify, upload, download, share, or sync a file.)
- To filter a report, click an item in the legend. For example, on the Files by activity type chart, click “Viewed or edited.”
- To see values for a specific day, point to that day on the report.
- To see more details about a report, click Details to open the report in the Office 365 admin center. Here, you can see tables of activity by site or users, change the reporting period, pivot the report, export the report data into a .csv file that you can open in Excel, and more. For more info about the SharePoint reports in the Office 365 admin center.
Note: Reports typically don’t include activity from the last 24 to 48 hours.
View Message center posts
In the Message center section of the home page, you can read official announcements about new and changed SharePoint features to help you manage upcoming changes. Each post gives you an overview of a change and how it may affect your users. Click a post to open it in the Office 365 admin center (where you can dismiss it if you want to hide it from the list), or click All active messages to sort and filter the list of messages across all Office 365 services.
In the Service health section of the home page, you can see whether the SharePoint Online service is healthy, or if it’s experiencing an active advisory or incident. For more info about an advisory or incident, click it to open the Service health page of the Office 365 admin center.