Office 365 Shared Computer Activation repeatedly activation error for single user. If some single user has repeatedly pop-up Office 365 activation and can’t activate it:
Note: User have Office 365 assigned license at Admin Portal, other users on this machine successfully activate their license.
Do the following steps:
1. Sign-in with problematic user at problematic PC;
2. Close any running Office application;
3. Run CMD with Admin Rights;
4. Type cd “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16” (with quotes for 32-bit Office in 64-bit system);
Note: If you installed 64-bit Office in 64-bit system or 32-bit Office in 32-bit System- type cd “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16”
5. Type cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus;
6. After you get Office information with last five digits of activation key, type cscript ospp.vbs /unpkey:<last five digits of activation key> (ex. cscript ospp.vbs /unpkey:YG67F)
7. Run any Office application, if it asks to enter credentials for activation, then sign-in.
8. Close and run again to ensure that everything works fine.
P. S. If you have encountered such problem for many users – use another manual to solve it.