SCCM Ccmsetup failed with Exit Code 1603 MSI Could not access network location %APPDATA%.
Action: CostFinalize. Computing space requirements Could not access network location %APPDATA%\. Could not access network location %APPDATA%\.
While installing sccm client, it requires to access the environmental variable %APPDATA% from registry location which are are corrupted/Changed for several reasons.
Here is the fix:
1. Open the Registry editor (Win+R and then regedit);
2. Navigate to the following registry keys HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
3. The correct and default value for AppData should be: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming
4. It would be better to also check and correct the AppData Value for the below registry keys as well before we start the installation.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\