SCCM Configure and deploy Third-Party Software Updates Adobe Reader.
Without configuring anything, you’ll notice that from ConfigMgr Current Branch 1806 and onwards, under Software Library\Software Updates\Third-Party Software Update Catalogs node that it’s empty.
- The Software Update Point can run in either HTTP or HTTPS when located on the Primary Site server, but when running on a remote server it’s required to be setup in HTTPS mode.
- Internet access to download.microsoft.com over HTTPS and 443 for the partner list managed by Microsoft
- Client Settings deployed that enables the new Third-party Software Updates feature
- Access to a partner or third-party catalog to sync software updates
On the Site server, a new Third-party Software Updates synchronization server will be running being responsible for the following:
- Updates the list of available catalogs added in the ConfigMgr console
- Downloads the catalogs you’ve subscribed to
- Downloads the software updates from the catalog when published
Enable Software Update point with HTTPS
Enable Third-party Software Updates feature
This new feature can be enabled on the Software Update Point component in the ConfigMgr console.
- Navigate to the Administration – Site Configuration – Sites node and select your Site server.
- Click on Configure Site Components in the ribbon menu and select Software Update Point component.
- Select the Third Party Updates tab and configure the following:
- If you wish to let ConfigMgr manage the WSUS signing certificate for you, select the option shown in the picture above.
- Click OK.
Add Adobe Reader DC Custom Catalog
- Navigate to Software Library\Software Updates\Third-Party Software Update Catalogs and click Add custom catalog;
2. Click Subscribe to Catalog;
3. Click View Certificate, in pop-up window click OK;
5. Select Catalog and click Sync now. After that check SMS_ISVUPDATES_SYNCAGENT.log;
6. There may be messages about certificates;
7. Navigate to Administration\Security\Certificates and ensure that all certificates are unblocked;
9. Navigate to Software Library\Software Updates\All software Updates and run Synchronize Software Updates;
10. When synchronization complete navigate to Administration\Site Configuration\Sites\Configure Site Components\Software Update Point. Proceed to Products and select Adobe Reader. Click OK;
12. Create new ADR rule for updates deployment, select product (Adobe Reader). If you click Preview at Software updates you will get all updates for Adobe Reader.