SCCM Failed to download updates to the WUAgent datastore. Error = 0x80246002. This problem may appear with 3rd party updates from SCUP.
The first log to look at is wuahandler.log, you can saw this error:
Failed to download updates to the WUAgent datastore. Error = 0x80246002.
0x80246002 refers to A download manager operation could not be completed because the file digest was not recognized.
So next step is to look at UpdatesHandler.log:
Failed to initiate install of WSUS updates, error = 0x80246002 Failed to start batch install through WSUS Install handler , error = 0x80246002
Next to look at windowsupdate.log, that may has same errors as above.
First try re-distribute the content to DP ,delete the existing deployment and re-create the deployment.
If isssue still persist try next steps:
1. Open SCUP console, go to Publications, look at the folder that has 3rd party updates (like Java). Select the folder, click on Publish on the top;
2. During the publish option, select the following Sign All ,click Next, Next and Close. Check SCUP.log for any errors;
3. Go back to SCCM console ,perform software update synchronization, check wsyncmgr.log;
4. After the synchronization success, re-download 3rd party updates to package;
5. Delete the existing deployments because client must re-download the new package that you download now. Else client will follow the old content that was stored in ccmcache and it will keep failing;
6. After you delete and re-create the deployments, initiate the machine policy (using client notification for clients) to download the new policy;
7. Login to one of the problematic client, open Software Center, install the updates manually. Check logs (wuahandler.log, updatesdeployment.log, updatehanlder.log, windowsupdate.log).
NOTE: After all this steps the issue with 3rd party updates must disappear.