New Online Call Analytics and more for Skype for Business.
Here are the details:
- Availability of Auto Attendant and Call Queues, two new calling features in Skype for Business Cloud PBX.
- Preview of the new Skype for Business Call Analytics dashboard, which provides IT admins with greater visibility to identify and address call issues.
- New meeting room solutions from our partners, including Polycom RealConnect for Office 365, which enables customers to connect existing video conferencing devices to Skype for Business Online meetings; and the new Crestron SR for Skype Room Systems, which seamlessly integrates with the Crestron control and AV systems.
- Availability of Enghouse Interactive’s TouchPoint Attendant, the first attendant console for Skype for Business Online.
A complete, enterprise-grade communications solution
This week, Microsoft releasing Auto Attendant and Call Queues.
Auto Attendant provides an automated system to answer and route inbound calls using dial pad inputs and speech recognition.
Call Queues enable incoming calls to be routed to the next available live attendant in the order they are received.
This continues the rapid innovation over the past six months we have released into the service including:
- iOS CallKit integration.
- Skype for Business client for Mac.
- Expanding PSTN Conferencing to more than 90 countries with dial-out to 180 countries.
- Extending PSTN Calling to France, Spain and the UK, with preview currently available in Netherlands.
- Enabling thousands of customers with hybrid deployments.
- Skype for Business Server Cloud Connector edition to connect their on-premises telephony assets to our cloud voice solution.
Skype for Business Cloud PBX also provides central management within the Office 365 admin console, making it seamless for IT admins to manage communications alongside email, content and collaboration.
Simplified manageability and control for IT
Today, company also announcing a preview of Skype for Business Online Call Analytics—a new dashboard in the Office 365 admin console that gives IT admins greater visibility to identify and address user call issues, such as network issues or headset problems. Call Analytics provides rich telemetry data in real-time to help IT admins troubleshoot issues and improve the user experience.
Making meeting rooms more effective
Polycom announced their RealConnect for Office 365 video interoperability cloud service will be generally available in North America in April. The RealConnect service enables customers to connect existing videoconferencing (VTC) devices to Skype for Business Online, at a low cost of ownership, and with ease of provisioning for IT and simplicity for users.
“Polycom RealConnect for Office 365 simplifies the video world by connecting Skype for Business online users with those using other video systems,” said Mary McDowell, Polycom CEO. “This cloud service protects customers’ investments in existing video systems as it allows these users to join a Skype for Business meeting with a single click.”