Skype for iOS and Android get mood messages, dates in chat and more with new update. The latest version 8.4 brings several improvements including the return of mood messages.
You asked, we delivered
- Set your Mood! Under settings you can now change your mood message letting everyone know how you feel. Learn more.
- Notification bug fixed. Missed a call because it didn’t ring. We have made more improvements in this area. Let us know if you experience more notification issues.
- Presence voice over has been added, making it easier to find who is online.
- Coach marks have been added, giving an in-depth tour of the app.
- Blocked contacts bug fixed. Were you receiving calls from blocked contacts? We fixed the issue.
- Profile picture. You can now zoom and crop your picture!
- Chinese public/government calls. The ability to dial and call 3 or 7 digit numbers has been added.
- Contact bug fix. We fixed an issue where phone numbers were not showing up as a name even though it was in the address book.
- Chat history. Having trouble trying to find a certain date in a conversation? We added the floating banner with the date when you are scrolling, making it easier to find that exact date you are looking for.
- Top crashes. We are always focused on these, let us know if you encounter a problem!
- Highlights. Skype will no longer be prefetching highlights while battery saver mode is turned on.
- Avacadolove emoji is back!
Upcoming cool stuff
- Tired of calls answering in Speakerphone? We’re working on that, hang in there.
- Quick sign in is coming back and will make getting back into Skype easy.
- Change language is coming… keep an eye out!
- and so much more…