Microsoft has finally taken the Preview tag off the Skype for Windows 10 app – marking it as suitable to be your main Skype client of choice.
What’s new in Skype 126.96.36.199:
- Now the Skype app uses the OS contacts permission future rather than having to be turned on in Skype itself. This menas that you can now enable or disable Skype’s access to your contacts from the settings app.
- You can now search your Skype chats for specific messages. This does not apply to SMS messages sync’d via a compatible Windows Phone.
- Microsoft has added support for Skype SMS, meaning that you can now send SMSes via Skype’s traditional paid SMS service (although you cannot receive replies via this method) as well as athrough SMS relay.
- Microsoft has added new keyboard shortcuts to make messaging easier.
- You can now switch your microphone, camera or transfer to a new device while making a Skype call.
- Fially, Microsoft has edited the group video calling interface.
You’ll need to be on the release Preview to get this update.