SQL Server 2016 Install Step-by-Step for Configuration Manager. In this Step-by-Step guide, we install SQL Server 2016 for SCCM deploy. I install SQL Server 2016 Standard with latest updates.
- Install .Net 3.5 Feature (with Server Manager or with PowerShell, I choose PowerShell)
- Create rules in Windows Firewall for SCCM connection (I use static port 14331 for DB and 8080 for reporting, also, I’m added standard TCP and UDP ports);
- Create in Active Directory 3 service accounts:
sqlsccmagent – sql agent
sqlsccmsvc – sql service
sqlsccmrep – sql reporting services
- Add all 3 accounts to Local Group Administrators on SQL system;
- Also, I create (add) two disks (1 for SCCM DATA DB’s and 1 for Temp DB’s);
- Create some folders in SCCM-DATA;
- Install SQL Management Studio (Management Studio doesn’t include in SQL Server 2016 installation).
- Mount *.iso or insert DVD with SQL Server distributive. Go to SQL folder and run the setup.exe with Run as administrator;
4. For License Terms read and accept (by settings check mark I accept the license terms) the license terms, click Next;
12. For Instance Configuration, you may use Default Instance or (like I do) create new Named Instance. Click Next;