Stellaris: Utopia and other games coming to Xbox One this week.
Ancestors Legacy (August 13, 2019)
A history-inspired, real-time strategy game influenced by historical events in the Middle Ages. Combining resource management and base building with large-scale, squad-based battles across vast battlefields and a cinematic action camera that puts you right in the middle of the battle.
Stellaris: Utopia (August 13, 2019)
Utopia is the first major expansion for Stellaris, the critically acclaimed science fiction grand strategy game from Paradox Development Studio. Utopia gives you new tools to develop your galactic empire and keep your people happy. Push your species further out into the galaxy with new bonuses for rapid exploration or stay closer to home before striking out against all who would challenge you.
Exception (August 13, 2019)
Exception is a combat platformer set inside a computer system which has been hijacked by a totalitarian virus. A lone member of the system must step up to lead the resistance and battle against this brutal regime. Expertly combine razor sharp reflexes with elaborate attacks to topple the virus and restore freedom.
– A New Approach to Platforming –
Two-dimensional action in a three-dimensional world. Entire levels transform to reveal new challenges and opportunities. Explore distant areas exposed by the shifting environment. Each level is an elaborate puzzle that unfolds as you progress.
– Synthwave Soundtrack –
A soundtrack assembled from the very best Synthwave artists. Enjoy nearly two-hours of Synthwave tracks which complement Exception’s retro-futuristic aesthetic.
– Challenge the Leaderboards –
Compete for the best time on your favorite levels through more than 100 leaderboards. Take on your friends or players from around the world.
– Illustrated story –
The story of Exception told with illustrated cutscenes. Learn about the system collapse and subsequent power vacuum that gave rise to a fascist virus. Join a gang of four misfit software threads in their journey to overthrow the brutal regime and restore freedom to the system.
– Upgrade your Character –
Execute a variety of special attacks and string together creative combinations to maximize your destruction. Collect hidden artifacts to purchase attack upgrades and push the limits of your destruction.
– Dynamic Bonus System –
Chain multiple airborne attacks to earn time bonuses. Harness your creativity to uncover the fastest level routes with the most bonus potential. Aggressive attack strategies yield the highest bonuses.
- Conquer 128 transforming levels set in 16 unique computer worlds
- Prove that you’re the best Exception player in the world with online leaderboards
- Illustrated cutscenes bring the world of Exception to life
- Six special attacks to unlock as the player progresses
- 128 collectible items to upgrade special attacks
- 15 enemy bosses to overcome with your advanced skills
- Synthwave soundtrack from nine international musicians
PC Building Simulator (August 13, 2019)
The Ultimate PC Building Simulation has arrived!
Build your very own PC empire, from simple diagnosis and repairs to bespoke, boutique creations that would be the envy of any enthusiast. With an expansive marketplace full of real-world components you can finally stop dreaming of that ultimate PC and get out there, build it and see how it benchmarks in 3DMark!
Run your own Business
The career mode in PC Building Simulator puts you in charge of your very own PC building and repair business. From your own cozy workshop, you must use all your technical skills to complete the various jobs that come your way.
Learn to Build a PC
Does building your own PC seem like an impossible task? PC Building Simulator aims to teach even the most novice PC user how their machine is put together with step-by-step instructions explaining the order parts should be assembled and providing useful information on what each part is and its function.
Vasara Collection (August 14, 2019)
For the very first time, highly acclaimed Japanese Arcade Shoot’em Ups – Vasara (2000) and Vasara 2 (2001) – are made available to the whole world via this package: VASARA COLLECTION!
Science Fiction meets History in these arcade classics which take place in an alternate timeline Feudal Japan where technologically advanced weaponry and equipment are a reality, and heroes use flying motorcycles with amazing firepower and fierce melee weapons to destroy their enemies. Try and stay alive on this frantic game where everyone, and everything, is out to kill you!
- Tate Mode/ Vertical Mode support;
- 8 playable characters inspired by real Japanese historical figures;
- Sci-Fi meets Feudal Japan in this retelling of historical battles;
- Fight Robots and Samurais using traditional shooting and powerful melee attacks;
- Heavily skill-based gameplay for Experts;
- Easy Mode for Starters;
- Branching Paths and Multiple Endings according to your characters and in-game actions;
Slay the Spire (August 14, 2019)
We fused card games and roguelikes together to make the best single player deckbuilder we could. Craft a unique deck, encounter bizarre creatures, discover relics of immense power, and Slay the Spire!
- Dynamic Deck Building: Choose your cards wisely! Discover hundreds of cards to add to your deck with each attempt at climbing the Spire. Select cards that work together to efficiently dispatch foes and reach the top
- An Ever-changing Spire: Whenever you embark on a journey up the Spire, the layout differs each time. Choose a risky or safe path, face different enemies, choose different cards, discover different relics, and even fight different bosses!
- Powerful Relics to Discover: Powerful items known as relics can be found throughout the Spire. The effects of these relics can greatly enhance your deck through powerful interactions. But beware, obtaining a relic may cost you more than just gold…
Edna and Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes (August 14, 2019)
Life at the convent school isn’t easy for Lilli. Only her vivid imagination lets the shy girl escape everyday-drudgery under the stern, watchful eye of the Mother Superior. She diligently works through her chores, no matter how unfair they may be. Her innocent, imperturbable way of carrying out the orders of others has something both tragic and eerie about it. Any resentment, any childlike disobedience is buried deep beneath a seemingly impenetrable shell of sweetness.
And if anything goes awry or gets ugly, the jolly censorship gnomes got her back: they put a nice coat of pink paint over all the things Lili would rather not consciously confront. But are her little potato-shaped budies real or just a figment of her vivid subconscious? Maybe it’s only a matter of time until she completely loses her mind!
When her best friend Edna disappears under mysterious circumstances, Lili bravely sets out on a dangerous journey, not only to get her friend back, but also to confront her subconscious fears.
- Unique, hand-drawn comic style backgrounds and animations – now also in HD!
- A classic Point & Click adventure with all the traditional virtues: take everything that’s not bolted down, engage in dialogies, solve puzzles… you know the drill.
- Bizarre characters and crazy humor
- A remarkable gaming experience with challenging puzzles, several hours of dialogue and 53 different locations
Gravity Duck (August 14, 2019)
Have you ever wanted to be rich? What if you could become rich and control gravity!?This duck can with your help!
Flip, dodge, and traverse mind-bending gravity puzzles in 140 levels in order to grab all the eggs to return to the Maui statue!
Need to change direction of your gravity flips? Use the gravity wells to switch the direction you fall in order to get around obstacles and grab the eggs!
- Flip between 140 levels across 4 chapters
- Catchy 8-bit music
- Vibrant pixelated levels
- Use gravity wells to change the direction in which you fall
- Dodge spikes, projectiles, and traps to secure the eggs.
Tactics V: Obsidian Brigade (August 15, 2019)
Tactics V: “Obsidian Brigade” is a retro-style tactical turn-based video game in homage to console tactical RPGs from the 1990s. Its set in an in-house fantasy setting with it’s own lore and magic, It also uses techniques to convert to a 2D isometric look from 3D assets.
- Robust combat system (with many mechanics: facing, targeting styles, actions, delayed actions, reactions)
- World map navigation.
- >50 hand crafted levels
- >80 scripted scenes/battles
- 25+ hours and new game plus
- 3 ½ tiers of gear/weaponry
- 13 unique unlockable classes
- >50 skills (proficiencies, abilities, power casting unlockable)
- >140 powers (Elemental magic, close range, Archery, Imbue poisons, etc.)
- Optional cooperative main-game via assigning troops to another controller during deployment
- Training option allowing a non-fatal combat to be controlled by player(s) or AI to gain XP and Skill points
- Optional Alternate top-down perspective available
- Tactical Turn-Based Combat
- Role Playing
- Local Coop
Aritana and the Twin Masks (August 16, 2019)
“They are not ready…”
Are you? Prove your value in Aritana and the Twin Masks. An adventure based on Brazilian mythology and culture that will carry you deeper into the forest’s mysteries.
This second Aritana’s adventure extends gameplay possibilities, bringing a bow and arrow gameplay, 3D movement, vast sceneries in open landscapes and powers that help the player solve several puzzles. Explore a colossal temple, find artifacts that can be mixed in many special potions, and prepare yourself to save the Tree of life.
Also, you can further explore this magical universe with comics that shows more about the temple’s events. Unmask all the mysteries and follow Aritana on his journey to save the Tree of life, discovering ghosts from his past.
- An original story based on Brazilian mythology and folklore;
- Enemy confrontation is also a puzzle-solving endeavor;
- Look for hidden artifacts to improve your chances of survival;
- Explore the vast YpY’s Temple in a third-person adventure game;
- Create special potions with tropical fruits and objects from the temple;
- Uncover the truth listening to a fantastic soundtrack.