Tabbed window experience for chats and more in new Skype for Business on Mac update to version 16.14
The full change log:
- Tabbed window experience for chats: All users now have the option to choose between seeing chats in a single, tabbed window or in separate windows. You can switch between single-window and multi-window modes with the Show conversations in separate windows checkbox in the General page of Preferences.
- Choose the size to view shared content: Choose the size that someone’s shared screen is displayed in your meeting or call by selecting Fit Content to Window or View Content Actual Size from More Options (…).
- Accept chats when you’re away from your computer: When your organization has disabled server-side conversation history, Skype for Business on Mac will automatically accept IM conversations no matter how long you have been away from your computer so that you can see the messages when you return.
- Offline indicator on the Dock icon: : Skype for Business on Mac will display a warning indicator on the app icon in the Dock when the app is signed out or not able to reach the Skype for Business server so users can easily tell when they are offline.
- Join meetings faster and more reliably: When you click Join, connect to your meetings significantly faster and with fewer failures.
- When scheduling an online meeting in Outlook, use the defaults defined by your organization’s policy for who gets directly into the meeting without waiting in the lobby and who is a presenter. This requires Outlook version 16.9.116 or later.
- Fixed an issue that could reconnect a call after a network drop without showing that you were back in the call.
- Fixed an issue that showed an error saying a chat message was not delivered when it actually was.
- Fixed an issue that caused black screen when viewing screen sharing in a meeting.
- Fixed an issue that prevented showing notifications for new messages when switching away from the Chats tab.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the app from automatically signing in after the computer was restarted.