Update 1701 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch. This month’s new preview features include:
- UEFI inventory data – Hardware inventory can now determine whether the device is UEFI-enabled.
- Express files support for Windows 10 Cumulative Update – Configuration Manager can support Windows 10 Cumulative Update using Express files. This functionality is only supported in Windows 10 version 1607 with a Windows Update Agent update included with the updates released on January 10, 2017 (Patch Tuesday) and later builds.
- Validate Device Health Attestation Data via Management Point – You can now configure management points to validate health attestation reporting data for cloud or on-premises health attestation service.
- Updated Content Library Cleanup Tool – The command line tool (ContentLibraryCleanup.exe) used to remove content that is no longer associated with any package or application from a distribution point (orphaned content) has been updated with fixes for known issues.
- Host software updates on cloud-based distribution points – Beginning with this preview version, you can use a cloud-based distribution point to host a software update package.
- Support for Microsoft Azure Government cloud added to Operations Management Suite (OMS) Connector feature – You can now configure an OMS connector for the OMS workspace on Microsoft Azure Government cloud.
- Additional boundary groups improvements – Clients now find software update points using Boundary Group associations.
There also some improvements to operating system deployment:
- Support for more applications for the Install Applications task sequence step
- Expire standalone media
- Support for additional content in stand-alone media
- Configurable timeout for Auto Apply Driver task sequence step
- Package ID is now displayed in task sequence steps
- Windows 10 ADK tracked by build version
- Default boot image source path can no longer be changed