Recently, Microsoft’s Visio team introduced some new tools for visualizing your work in Microsoft Visio Pro for Office 365. While these features are nothing new, the features that Microsoft Visio Pro for Office 365 certainly help enterprise customers visualize their data in new and interesting ways.
In a post on the Office 365 blog, the Visio team goes through the features that Microsoft Vision Pro for Office 365 has introduced over the last few months, including:
- Visualize database structures from source data with Visio’s database reverse engineering tool
- Download templates for industry-specific diagrams; 50 templates and 100 sample diagrams are available
- Software development and engineering templates that meet industry-wide standards, including the Unified Modeling Language (UML) 2.5 for designing software logic flow and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) compliance for creating electrical diagrams.
- Three new templates for UML 2.5 to help system architects, software engineers, and software developers create diagrams of software-based systems and business processes. These three templates help you create component, deployment, and communication diagrams.
- Visio Pro for Office 365 plans to bring more than 20 templates and 20 sample education diagrams for core education, education planning, sports, and more (coming soon).
The Microsoft Visio team is welcoming any feedback, comments, or suggestions that you may have for Microsoft Visio Pro for Office 365 by visiting the Visio UserVoice. Subscribe to Visio Pro for Office 365 for the latest diagramming and visualization solutions. If you are a developer and interested in developing templates or sample diagrams for Visio, you can get started here.