Visual Studio 2019 for Mac reach general availability. The new features included in this release:
- This release contains a preview of the next generation text editor for Visual Studio for Mac.
- This release introduces a new getting started experience.
- We have added support for running multiple instances of the IDE.
- We’ve added a new way to set multiple startup projects, making it easier to create a solution Run Configuration that will launch multiple projects when debugging.
- Visual Studio for Mac can now detect that updates to Azure Functions templates are available, and will provide you with a dialog to update them.
- We’ve replaced the Unity debugger on the Mac with the same core Unity debugger from Windows.
- We have added support for Microsoft Account authentication with Git and Azure DevOps/Team Foundation Server
- Visual Studio for Mac 8.0 Preview is supported side by side with Visual Studio 7.7. Due to the fact that Mono and Xamarin SDKs are shared between both versions of Visual Studio for Mac, for the best experiences, we recommend you use a minimum of Mono 5.18. and if selected, Xamarin.iOS 12.2.1, Xamarin.Android 9.1.0, and Xamarin.Mac 5.2.1.
You can download Visual Studio 2019 for Mac here.