Cumulative Updates KB4015217 and KB4015583 for Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Creators Update
Cumulative Updates KB4015217 and KB4015583 for Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Creators Update. Those with devices running the latest build of the Anniversary Update should be seeing KB4015217 in Windows Update, moving the version number up to 14393.1066 and 14393.1083. And, those who were brave enough to install the Creators Update early should be seeing KB4015583 in Windows Update, bumping their version to 15063.138. Changelogs for the updates can be seen below, though the changelog for KB4015217 is quite extensive.
- Addressed issue that was preventing the Camera application from saving a captured image when “Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar” settings is enabled.
- Improved the Host Network Service (HNS) to support an overlay network driver for use on Windows Server 2016 to connect containers across hosts using Docker Engine in Swarm Mode.
- Addressed issue that was not allowing users to access online help content when clicking the help icon in various Windows applications, such as File Explorer.
- Addressed issue where displays turn off unexpectedly even when Turn off display and Screen saver are disabled in the power profile.
- Addressed an issue where CredentialGuard-enabled computers joined to Active Directory domains submit two bad logon attempts each time a bad password is provided during a Kerberos-based logon. Logons to Active Directory domains with arbitrarily low account lockout thresholds may be subject to unexpected account lockouts. For example, 2 logons with a bad password could result in an account being locked out if the account lockout threshold is set to 3 or 4.
- Addressed issue that increases CPU usage when IP forwarding or weak host is enabled.
- Addressed issue where some of the VPN drivers do not get migrated when upgrading the OS to Windows 10, version 1607.
- Addressed issue that causes virtual machines to fail during high I/O scenarios where the user may log in multiple times.
- Addressed issues with updated time zone information.
- Security updates to Scripting Engine, libjpeg image-processing library, Hyper-V, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Adobe Type Manager Font Driver, Internet Explorer, Graphics Component, Active Directory Federation Services, .NET Framework, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, Microsoft Edge and Windows OLE.