New Bash features in Windows 10 Creators Update.
— Rich Turner (@richturn_ms) April 12, 2017
Bash/WSL – some additions that came to the Windows command-line family back during the Anniversary Update – now has a frankly overwhelming number of improvements that are shipping with the Creators Update.
What’s new in the Creators Update:
- More compatibility
- Ubuntu 16.04 support
- Ifconfig & network connection enumeration support
- Ping & ICMP network support
- File change notification support (INOTIFY)
- Windows <-> Linux Interop
- UNIX and Netlink Socket improvements
- TCP socket & IPv6 improvements
- Miscellaneous WSL Improvements
- Windows Console & Command-Line Improvements
There’s a whole lot more in the blog post documenting the new update, including some in-depth explanations about each and every addition. This new update is massive for people who want to get started with bash, and most certainly proves that the team behind it has responded positively to a significant amount of feedback.