Windows 10 Creators Update Virtual Machine Quick Create. With Windows 10 Creators Update Microsoft introduces new option to Hyper-V – VM Quick Create.
So, let’s look closer.
1. When you start Hyper-V console you will see new button;
2. When you click it – you will see next window;
3. To simplify the number of settings, they pick some good default settings for the virtual machine, which are currently:
- Generation: 2
- StartupRAM: 1024 MB
- DynamicRAM: Enabled
- Virtual Processors: 1
- No VHD/DVD
- Secure Boot
4. If you click button “Set up automatic network” – new virtual switch will be created (but message say about “Creating new virtual machine“);
6. Ok, new Network created;
7. Open “Virtual Switch Manager” in Hyper-V console and check new Virtual Switch;
8. Let’s go back to “Quick Create“. Enter name for your VM and click “Create Virtual Machine” button;
9. VM created in Default Path, you can press “Connect” or “Edit settings“. Click button “Edit Settings“;
This is still a work in progress, so let me know what you think to Microsoft!