Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16294 for PC in the Fast ring only (not Skip Ahead)
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16294 for PC in the Fast ring only (not Skip Ahead) coming very fast to fix past build.
Surprise! We are rolling out Build 16294 for PC (not Skip Ahead) to the Fast ring https://t.co/EAxQbiAkjv
— Dona Sarkar (@donasarkar) September 21, 2017
- This build has the fix for the bug that was causing some Surface Pro 3 devices to end up in a “unbootable” state where the Windows OS will not load and it appears to be stuck on a “spinning dots” screen. After installing this build, Surface Pro 3 devices should no longer get into this state. If you have a Surface Pro 3 in a bad state – follow the instructions on this forum post to get back up and running.
- We fixed an issue on Dutch builds where explorer could go into a crash loop if an app-requested downloads notification popped up from OneDrive.
- We fixed an issue where expand.exe couldn’t expand CABs that contained Japanese characters in the file name.
- We fixed a race condition that could result in window content being transparent (but showing the window frame) or stale after unlocking your desktop.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders seeing error 0x800B010C when attempting to upgrade to the last few flights.