Windows 10 Windows Update Error 0x80d02002.
This error may have to do with corrupted Windows Update components, or incompatible software or drivers in your system. If you’re unable to determine what’s exactly causing the problem, use these general troubleshooting steps first.
Solution 1: Reset Windows Update Components
Follow these steps to reset the Windows update components manually.
- Open an Elevated Command Prompt (Admin).
- On the Command Prompt window, type the commands below one at a time, and press ENTER:
net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver
NOTE: You can copy all to the new file and save it as *.bat file. Then you will run only this file.
- Close the command prompt;
- Try to install update;
- Restart Windows and then attempt to install the problematic update again.
Solution 2: Check the Regional and Language settings
It’s possible that your regional settings are incorrect.
- Open Settings (Windows Key + i);
- Click Time & Language;
- Select Region & Language from options on left;
- Verify your Country/Region is correct from drop down list;
- Ensure that the appropriate Language Pack is installed. If it’s in the state of being “available”, click Download and let the system install it.
Attempt to install the update again via Windows Update. This time Windows Update might tell you the reason why the update installation failed.