Windows Server 2019 Insider Preview Build 17713 released. No new features have been introduced in this build.
- Windows Server 2019 Preview is available in ISO format in 18 languages, and in VHDX format in English only. This build and all future pre-release builds will require use of activation keys during setup. The following keys allow for unlimited activations:
- Windows Server vNext Semi-Annual Preview – The Server Core Edition is available in English only, in ISO or VHDX format. The images are pre-keyed – no need to enter a key during setup.
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- Windows Admin Center Preview 1807
Symbols are available on the public symbol server – see Update on Microsoft’s Symbol Server blog post and Using the Microsoft Symbol Server.
This build will expire December 14th, 2018.
How to Download
To obtain the Insider software downloads, registered Insiders may navigate directly to the Windows Server Insider Preview download page.
- [NEW] Server Core App Compatibility FoD Preview 17713 for Windows Server Core is not available due to a blocking installation failure.
- On a recent preview release of Server Core, the Advanced Query Syntax (AQS) parser may fail if the default language and locale are changed to something other than US English. If the AQS parser is not working, search functionality in Exchange does not work.
- Creating or modifying environment variables by using setx fails on a system running in a Nano Container (that is, Nano Server as a container image). On an affected system, setx requires a specific path in the registry, HKCU\Environment\, to exist by default. You can work around this issue by changing where the variable is stored in the registry, or you can add the expected registry path before executing setx commands. To specify that the variable be set for system-wide use in HKLM rather than in HKCU, the default, add the /M switch to a setx command. To instead add the expected registry path, run reg add HKCU\Environment before executing setx commands.
- The Virtual Machine Management Service (VMMS) may experience an error, APPLICATION_FAULT_INVALID_POINTER_READ, in Cluster Manager.
- Editing or creating policies for AppLocker can cause the MMC snap-in to crash when generated rules for a packaged app.