Windows Server Insider Preview Build 17046 is now available. There are no new features to announce for this build.
Known issues with Windows Server build 17046
- [NEW] Dynamic disks fail I/O with STATUS_INVALID_DEVICE_REQUEST, resulting in failures to mount or format a volume. The contents of an affected volume will be available after updating to a build that fixes this issue, so reformatting and restoring data from backup is not necessary.
- Upgrading to recent pre-release builds of Windows Server is not currently an option. However, upgrading will be supported in the future.
- The Health Attestation CSP fails with error message 500 when attempting to get a certificate.
- Data corruption may occur on some NVM Express (NVMe) solid-state drives (SSD) if scatter-gather list (SGL) functionality is enabled.
- The base filtering engine (BFE) service may fail to start, which prevents the Windows Defender firewall (MpsSvc service) from starting.
- A system crash may occur because of a kernel security check failure (bug check 0x139) from a corrupt list entry in a deferred free pool.
- Hyper-V isolated containers will fail to start with an error of “The description string for parameter reference (%1) could not be found. (0x3ab6)”. Users can work around this by temporarily disabling our cloning optimization by creating a registry key and rebooting or restarting the vmcompute service.
reg ADD “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Virtualization\Containers” /v TemplateVmCount /t REG_DWORD /d 0
- Although installation will continue successfully, the product key will not activate.
Windows Server Insiders can download the Windows Server Insider build 17046 on this page.