Windows Server vNext Insider Preview Build 18356.1 released. No new features in this build.
Windows Server Known Issues
- Error after remoting to machine with RDP post FOD installation. The error message indicates immediately that the remote session has ended with potential reasons, followed by a black RDP screen. This only impacts remoting to a physical machine with Server Core + FOD.
- Applies to App Compat FOD MMC.exe only: Multiple Active Directory Users and Computers snap-ins added to the same MMC.exe instance could show inconsistent or no data on part of the snap-ins after adding extra columns to the UI view. Wokaround: for UI user management, use a separate MMC for each ADUC (DSA.MSC) snap-in.
- A local user’s last logon time output from “net user username” may not be recorded even when the user has accessed the server’s network share.
- Scheduled startup tasks may fail to run. An event is logged, ID 101 with the error code ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE when the failure occurs.
- A virtual machine may not report all virtual fibre channel (vfc) LUNs after powering on if there are 2000+ vfc LUNs. WMI queries from the host show the LUNS available. Restarting the VMMs may show the LUNS again as available.
- DCPromo fails if the interface metric of the physical NIC is larger than Loopback Interface
Third-party password filter dlls may not be notified when the local Administrator account’s password was changed.
- Attempting system image recovery from an image located on a network share may result in error “A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated”.
- Server FODs are not retained after in-place (or B2B) upgrade.
- Domain Controller rename updates incorrect attributes in AD leaving orphaned data behind (ValidateSPNsAndDNSHostNameActual). This can be reproduced by adding a new FQDN, setting it as primary, restarting the domain controller, then removing the current FQDN. Checking the msDS-AdditionalDnsHostName, msDS-AdditionalSamAccountName and servicePrincipalName attributes will incorrect values.
- Invalid file may be created in %Systemroot%\System32\LogFiles\Sum by User Access Logging
- Self-service users cannot install Feature on Demand (FOD) packages and Language Packs for Windows Server
- Update Service (WSUS), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and Autopilot scenarios.
- A container host may become unresponsive due to a deadlock when attempting to mount a volume. On an affected system, Docker hangs on all commands.
- When a Windows Defender Application Guard container crashes, the resulting type of dump may be unexpected.