Windows Template Studio 1.2 released with improvements to the Wizard and more.Microsoft also noted that Windows Template Studio has been accepted into the .NET Foundation, joining other open source projects like .NET Core, Roslyn, and UWP Community Toolkit.
- Add new content to existing WTS generated projects in your solution window via right-click
- We will be working toward seeing how we can enable this for non-WTS generated projects
- Adjusted ordering of templates based on popularity and logical groupings
- Under the hood, we’ve done a lot of work toward localization and started some accessibility improvements
- Simplified descriptions
- Logo adjustment to help at smaller icon sizes
- First-time load prompt
- What’s New prompt
- Upgraded references to UWP Community Toolkit 1.5
- Styling adjustments
- Template generation post-action improvements
- Added in pull request template
- Added in Issue template
In the future releases, Microsoft is planning to add Fluent design in the templates, Project Rome features as options for project, Ink templates and more. Windows Template Studio in Visual Studio will make it easier for developers to create new projects that target the Universal Windows Platform. You can find it here on GitHub.