Windows Template Studio version 1.5 released with improved localization. Need more info about adjustments in the 1.5 release, head over to WTS’s Github.
- Share source, share target
- Feedback hub (added in v1.4)
- Minor tweaks for Fluent
- Caliburn.Micro Support (added in v1.4)
Improvements to the Wizard:
- Localization in all Visual Studio supported language
- Adjusted the feature categories
- Lots of under the hood bug fixes and code improvements
- Much more Visual Basic engine work
- Work for supporting multiple projects in a single solution
- Work to support Prism
- Bug fixes
How to get the update:
- There are two paths to update to the newest build.
Already installed: Visual Studio should auto update the extension. To force an update, Go to Tools->Extensions and Updates. Then go to Update expander on the left and you should see Windows Template Studio in there and click “Update.”
- Not installed: Head to https://aka.ms/wtsinstall, click “download” and double click the VSIX installer.
What else is cooking for next versions?
We love all the community support and participation. In addition, here are just a few of the things we are currently building out that will in future builds:
- Image Gallery feature (In nightly)
- Web to App Link feature (In nightly)
- Visual Basic support (In nightly)
- Drag and drop service (in nightly)
- Prism support (Soon in nightly)
- Improved update system to help increase speed of startup and file size download
- Improved user interface in-line with Visual Studio
- Continued refinement with Fluent design in the templates
- Ink templates
- Improved Right-click->add support for existing projects