Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch Update 1712. This month’s new preview features include:
- Surface Device dashboard improvements – The Surface dashboard now displays firmware version for Surface devices rather than operating system version.
- Improvements to Office 365 client management dashboard – The Office 365 client management dashboard now displays a list of relevant devices when graph sections are selected.
- Install multiple applications in Software Center – Click the multi-select icon on the Applications tab in Software Center. In this mode, select multiple applications and then install all together using the Install Selected button.
- Client-based PXE – Configure clients to respond to PXE requests without adding the distribution point role.
This release also includes the following improvements based on feedback from UserVoice:
- Renamed collections display in existing collection membership rules – When a collection is a member of another collection and it is renamed, the new name is updated under membership rules.
- Allow user interaction when installing applications as system – Now users can interact with an application installation user interface in system context even during a task sequence.
- Do not automatically upgrade superseded applications – In this release you have the option to configure an application deployment to not automatically upgrade any superseded version.
- Device list displays primary user – Device lists under Assets and Compliance, Devices, now display the primary user by default. The last logged on user can also be added as an optional column.
Update 1712 for Technical Preview Branch is available in the Configuration Manager console. For new installations please use the recently updated 1711 baseline version of Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch available on the TechNet Evaluation Center.