Download Mozilla Firefox 58.0 x64 MSI for Configuration Manager deployments.
- No desktop shortcut;
- English localization;
- No Updater (no mozilla maintance service);
- Upgradable in future. (past release)
- Performance improvements, including:
- Rendering graphics for Windows users by using Off-Main-Thread Painting (OMTP)
- Improvements to Firefox Screenshots:
- Copy and paste screenshots directly to your clipboard
- Firefox Screenshots now works in Private Browsing mode
- Added Nepali (ne-NP) locale
- In case you missed it—57 Release privacy and performance feature:
Users can enable Tracking Protection at all times. Learn how to turn Tracking Protection on.
- Fonts installed in non-standard directories will no longer appear blank for Linux users
- Various security fixes
- User profiles created in Firefox 58 (and in future releases) are not supported in previous versions of Firefox. Users who downgrade to a previous version should create a new profile for that version.
- Added a warning to alert users and site owners of planned security changes to sites affected by the gradual distrust plan for the Symantec certificate authority
- Implemented the PerformanceNavigationTiming API
- Added PerformanceResourceTiming.workerStart so sites can measure service worker startup time
- Users running Firefox for Windows over a Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) may find that audio playback is disabled due to increased security restrictions.
- Users running certain screen readers may experience performance issues and are advised to use Firefox ESR until performance issues are resolved in an upcoming future release
- When using certain non-default security policies on Windows (for example with Windows Defender Exploit Protection or Webroot security products), Firefox may fail to load pages (bug 1433065).