Guide Windows Server 2012 R2 Windows Firewall create inbound rule. Let’s create rule for SQL Server ports (which I’m going to use in SCCM deployment).
- Start system and login (with admin rights user);
2. Open Control Panel (you may use search or Right Mouse Button click on Start). Click on Windows Firewall;
3. After that click on Advanced Settings;
4. Windows Firewall console open. If you click on Properties (right side) – you can disable firewall for all networks. We going to Inbound Rules (left side) for our rule creation;
5. Click on New Rule;
6. Rule creation process begin. In my case, I create rule for Inbound TCP ports. For Rule Type select option Port and click Next;
7. For Protocol and Ports select option TCP and Special Local Ports. I use 2 ports for SCCM deploy (8080, 14331) also added standard SQL TCP ports. After entering ports click Next;
8. For Action (in this case leave by default Allow the connection). Click Next;
9. For Profile select all network profiles, click Next;
10. Enter name for your rule (as example SQL TCP), so you can easily find it in future. Click Finish;
11. In the last screenshot, you see two rules, which I created for SQL Server. One for TCP ports and one for UPD port (1434).
If you need more information about SQL Server Windows Firewall ports – read this technet post.